Sitting down to write is not always easy, even for the most seasoned writer. For an aspiring writer, it can be daunting. For a beginner, it is often overwhelming, and scary. Even as a published writer, coach and editor, I have sought the guidance and skill of a writing coach to hold me accountable to my goals.
Why hire a Writing Coach?
- To be companioned and encouraged in the solitary process of writing
- To organize thoughts and scattered pieces of writing into workable material
- To be held accountable to your vision and passion for your project
- To unblock and release the things that get in your way
- To call forth and highlight what makes you unique
- To find, and empower your writing voice and style
- To propel you forward by setting attainable goals
- To become confident in your ability
- To have an unwavering side-kick to cheer you on every step of the way
It is a courageous and commendable act to sit down with a stark white page and fill it with what you aim to write about. It takes confidence and trust to share your writing with the world. This is where the support of a writing coach is invaluable- one who will ride the waves with you while holding a solid anchor.
I am that anchor.
With forty years of writing behind me, and hopefully, at least forty more ahead, I have cultivated the skills, and tools, to guide writers on their journey to becoming strong, fluid, and confident. I have a highly intuitive understanding of what makes a good writer. I am relentless in my encouragement of you. Fine-tuning myself to your strengths and to where you falter, I call out your gifts so you can see them, feel them, and believe in them as much as I do.
“Working with Leslie is like having a wise writer-gardener plant the seed of words into one’s being, and then diligently waters that seed until it grows into a mighty oak tree.” -Mahabba Ahmed, ONT, Canada